Sustainable Collection Services (SCS) offers deselection decision-support tools to academic libraries.
- September 30, 2014 California State University/Northridge. GreenGlass training session.
- October 1, 2014 California State University/Fullerton. GreenGlass training session.
- October 8, 2014 California State University/Fresno. GreenGlass training session.
- November 6-8, 2014 Charleston Library Conference, Charleston, SC
- November 18, 2014 Western New York Regional Library Council, "Rethinking Library Resources: Print Collections in a Digital Age" Buffalo, New York
- November 19-20, 2014 University of Rochester, "Rethinking Library Resources: Print Collections in a Digital Age" Rochester, New York Presentations to Faculty
- Five 2-minute GreenGlass tutorials have been added to address questions about duplicate identification, same and any edition WorldCat holdings matches, and Hathi Trust matches and URLS.
- ReCAP Discovery to Delivery report to Mellon released. [SCS participated in workflow analysis]. Full text of report [pdf].
- Shared Print Monographs: The Question of Scale [new Sample & Hold blog post]
- Cynthia Snyder of Rollins College has an article on Data-Driven Deselection: Multiple Point Data
Using a Decision Support Tool in an Academic Library in the January 2014 issue of Collection Management.
- GreenGlass tutorials have now been updated to reflect changes implemented in version 1.3.
- GreenGlass 1.3 is now in production, incorporating support for Dewey Decimal Classification, LC subclass reporting, cloning queries and more.
- Talking with Faculty about Library Print Collections [new SCS Insight blog post]
- Lily Endowment funds largest shared print books project to date for PALNI and the Academic Libraries of Indiana. 34 libraries, 6.9 million records[press release]. SCS will do the data work and consult.
- SCS quoted in the Chronicle of Higher Education, in "Short on Space, Libraries Look to One Another for Solutions" (October 7, 2013).
- The 2013 SCS Monographs Index has just been released. It consolidates circulation and overlap data from 57 libraries and 26 million holdings records. Have a look!
- The June 2013 issue of College & Research Libraries News leads off with an article by Doug Way and Julie Garrison of Grand Valley State University. Developing and implementing a disapproval plan: one university library's experience describes the process and results of one of SCS's earliest projects.
- SCS has created three tutorials on how to use our GreenGlass web application: 1. The Project Page (6 minutes), 2. The Collection Page (8 minutes), 3. The Analysis Page (8 minutes)
- Library Journal Online recently featured an article about the unique aspects of the Maine Shared Collection Strategy (and the SCS role in providing analytics and project support): Major Maine Libraries, Public and Academic, Collaborate on Print Archiving Project.